Saturday, June 17, 2006

GETTING TO KNOW YOU...

In searching the blogs, I noticed a some people have used the abc versions of getting some insight on people. I like that idea… but, instead of using the same words for the abc's, I thought I would make up my own list. Give you guys a different version to encourage you to yet, again, post to Getting To Know You. OK, I confess, a couple of them are the same…

Actor/Actress: OK – I admit it. I’m a sucker for action stars. I have many favorites of old, Arnold for one. I remember watching him in Conan the Barbarian and fell in lust immediately lol. But for recent actor/actress I enjoy movies made by Clive Owen and Uma Thurman. They can both do action and romantic movies.

Booze: I don’t drink often, but when I do my choice would either be a fine glass of wine or a high-end margarita on-the-rocks (with salt of course…)

Car: I drive a black PT Cruiser with purple flame detailing on the side. I didn’t want a black PT at first because they remind me of a hearse. However, with the purple flame detailing you can’t mistake it for that !!

Doughnut: It has to be a Persian Roll with caramel icing and a sprinkle of nuts.

Eggs: Scrambled with cheese.

Family: I was an only child raised by a single parent. Both of my parents are deceased. My close family consists of my mom’s sister, my husband, daughter, and a grandson. As I get older, I wish I’d had 3 children and, with that, LOTS of grandkids.

Game: I love playing euchre or any games that require strategy.

Heaven or Hell: I’d like to think Heaven. But, I would definitely need visiting privileges to Hell because lots of my friends would be there…

Imagine…: Being able to utilize all aspects of our brain. I think a lot of our abilities have become dormant over the centuries because we have become so “conditioned” in the world today. I truly believe some special people are just beginning to tap back into those dormant abilities and I love to imagine what this may lead to in the future.

Jewelry: My favorite piece of jewelry, although I don’t get many occasions to wear it, is a 3-strand Austrian crystal necklace and earrings that belonged to my Grandmother. It’s amazing and I feel so special when I wear it.

Kiss: The quick little kisses throughout the day that say hi or goodbye and I love you.

Luxury: My favorite luxury is taking a whirlpool bath with scented salts and a candle.

Music: Depends on my mood. I love to dance and love music with rhythm. I also enjoy the soft melodies of instrumentals to relax and meditate.

Necessity: hmmmm – that would have to be my glasses. I could NOT see a thing around me except hazy colors if I didn’t have my glasses. It’s the first thing I reach for before getting out of bed each day. I’d be totally lost and frightened without them.

Olympic event: Gymnastics

Pets: I currently have 2 cats, Dusty and Tigger, that are 8 years old. We, at one time had 5 cats. OMG, what were we thinking. We have since found homes for 3 of them.

Quote: “What goes around, comes around.”

Romantic or Realist: Definitely a Romantic…

Season: I love the spring when everything starts to green up and flowers start to bloom. The air always smells so fresh after a spring rain…

Talent: I’m not outstanding at anything, unfortunately. But I like to think I do have a creative flare and can “see” things in ways not many can. At least I have been told that, even though I think it’s something people have naturally and not a “learned” talent.

Underwear: I wear Jockey French cut or briefs.

Values: Some of the things I value most… The love of my husband - People with compassion, honesty, open-mindedness and a sense of humor - Being able to stand in the bright sun (any time of the year) and lift my face to the sky and give thanks to the beauty nature provides… some scenes of nature actually brings tears to my eyes…

Words of Wisdom: Take the time to smile or speak some kind words to strangers. You’d be surprised at how many of them will respond and be appreciative of the effort.

Xenophilia or Xenophobia: Xenophilia

Your Youth (ok…. Y was a hard one): I was a tomboy as a child. Climbed trees and beat up boys who tried to pick on me. Once I realized they were picking on me because they liked me I stopped and started chasing them and giving them a kiss instead.

Zodiac: Capricorn

10 Comments:

At June 19, 2006 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY HEY, very cute, and i love your picture, i also love the one with your xmas hat on, You do not look your age at all and your very beautiful, you forgot to add that to your blog and that your just as beautiful on the inside. Hope your pain gets better, hugs from a friend. Susan

 
At June 19, 2006 1:07 PM, Blogger GypsySavage said...

You are too kind Susan. I have since posted a new pick that is more recent. We bought a fantastic new digital camera and took it to a park to play with it. The one of me was in the shade with the flash enabled. Made a big difference in the same pic w/o flash. We are learning... Need Peter's help !!

When I get some more time and feel like it, I'm going to also start a post on chronic pain. Since, like you, I have suffered with migraines all my life, and now been through a different pain 24/7, it has given me insight on the differences. Migraines can be a higher level of pain, but shortlived. High levels of pain 24/7 gives new meaning to destroying your life and I want to share what I've learned from that even though I really don't think many people will visit my BLOG.

BTW... I know I told you barblovesroses IM'ed me and we caught up a bit. Guess who IM'ed me yesterday? Debbie a.k.a. rdavis. Remember her???

Well my response is getting long, so going to sign off for now. Thanks for posting !!

 
At June 19, 2006 2:41 PM, Blogger Susan Lucente said...

I see another "Susan" here. :-) From reading your reply to Queen Bee, it sounds like it was meant for me? Different "Susan" but I would've written the same thing she said, you really are "beautiful on the inside". And I do love the new pic. Playing around with a new camera is fun, I want one! Peter has definitely helped me immensly with my own struggles in photography.

I think you are wrong about people not visiting your blog. You have a lot to offer and so much to share. It takes time to build up a "following" but it'll happen. :-)

I do remember rdavis, I hope you told her and barblovesroses about your new blog!

I will attempt to do your new and improved "A-Z" in a moment. This one will require me to actually think more than usual, you know how I hate to think. ;-)

 
At June 19, 2006 3:15 PM, Blogger Susan Lucente said...

Actor/Actress: I'll watch just about anything Tom Hanks puts out. This one will sound strange, but I love Tommy Lee Jones, he's tore up and there's just something about him... As for actress, hmmm... Julia Roberts is one of my favorites as well as Sandra Bullock.

Booze: wine or raspberry margarita (with sugar on the rim)

Car: I drive a forrest green Toyota Camry, but I would really love a big old "Thelma and Louise" style convertable so I could pick up my best girl pals and joyride in the summer.

Doughnut: All of them! (except chocolate)-- cream sticks are yummy!

Eggs: deviled of course! ;-)

Family: Youngest of three, raised by my parents who are almost ready to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.

Game: Euchre!!!!!!

Heaven or Hell: Heaven.

Imagine…: never having to worry about money, always having enough to pay all the bills... or better yet, having no bills to pay!

Jewelry: Mostly cheap stuff that looks expensive. But I have a couple very special antique rings that belonged to my grandmother.

Kiss: That first kiss you get when you haven't seen each other for days... the kind that says, "I want more".

Luxury: a weekend road trip... going anywhere the wind takes you.

Music: Depends on my mood. Classical and 1940's Big Band (love songs) Etta James "At Last", blues and jazz

Necessity: Love.

Olympic event: bobsledding

Pets: Cat named "Tater", and two dogs, "DaVinci" and "Galileo"

Quote: "Those who do not feel pain seldom think that it is felt." Samuel Johnson

Romantic or Realist: Romantic!

Season: autumn, the crisp cool air, wearing my Ohio State sweatshirt for the first time after sweltering all summer long, colorful leaves, maple syrup, apple butter...

Talent: my music, I would be useless without my piano.

Underwear: NO thongs!

Values: trust, honesty, compassion, generosity

Words of Wisdom: "Say you can't, and you cannot. Say you can and you will." (according to my fortune cookie last night)

Xenophilia or Xenophobia: XenoWha??? (just kidding)... I'd have to say I like to think I have a healthy balance of both.

Your Youth : Hmmm... I remember constantly hiding from my older siblings. Playing with the neighbor kids, building forts, tunnels in the snow, swimming in the pond..

Zodiac: Cancer

 
At June 19, 2006 3:51 PM, Blogger GypsySavage said...

Queen Bee...... oops, I thought you were another "Susan" friend of mine lol. I should have guessed with the name Queen Bee who it was. Thanks for posting. I have bookmarked your blog and will visit often to see if you have any updates. I have some ideas for mine and hope to put some time aside soon to add to it. Thanks for posting !!

 
At June 19, 2006 3:55 PM, Blogger GypsySavage said...

omg Butterfly (cuz there are 2 Susans...) you actually took the time to answer the A-Z and I thank you. Always fun to see what imaginative answers people come up with. I found some interesting ink blots and was thinking of doing ink blot tests on my friends. Now THAT will be interesting lol.

 
At June 20, 2006 1:57 AM, Blogger Susan Lucente said...

OOOH! Ink blot tests on your blog would be cool! Do it! Do it! :-)

 
At June 20, 2006 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your site, very interesting.

 
At June 20, 2006 10:07 PM, Blogger GypsySavage said...

Barb, I'm so thrilled you found my blog. I also have kept in touch with Linda in California. We used to e-mail quite a bit but with all my shoulder crap this past 2 years I neglected my friends and haven't kept in touch like I used to. It's nice to see some of us touch base...

 
At June 26, 2006 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Barb
Very nice blog !
I came here from your post in the forum....had to see those cookies !! hehe They look fabulous!
I was surprised to learn that we have quite alot in common !!
When I'm done with my diet (35 pounds lost whoooo hoooooo), my first treat will be a monster cookie!!!!
or 2 or 3 .........lol
hugzzzzzzzz,
Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home