Sunday, June 25, 2006

Monster Cookies

I love to cook and baking is my favorite thing to do. I often get requests for my baking, especially around Christmas. I remember the days when I worked full time, was raising a 5 year old, and still found time to bake a dozen different cookies each year during the holidays to take into work. Where did I find the energy??? Was I insane???

Although I don't bake as much as I used to, the one thing I always get requests for are my Monster Cookies. They are the BEST cookies I've ever tasted. They are a blend of oatmeal cookie, chocolate chip cookie, and peanut butter cookie. All three my favorites... It's a good thing this recipe makes about 6 dozen HUGE cookies. Each time I make them I quickly run out as I pass out a dozen here and there to my friends.

I spent the afternoon today baking Monster Cookies and I thought I would share this recipe with you and hope you all have a chance to try them! I have set out a snack for you in case you care to stop by. Cookies and milk for now - and after you rinse your glass out, fill it with wine and forget all the calories you just consumed...


MONSTER COOKIES

1 cup butter softened
2 cups white sugar
2 cups packed brown sugar
3 cups peanut butter
6 eggs
1 ½ tsp white corn syrup
1 ½ tsp vanilla
9 cups oatmeal (not instant)
4 tsp baking soda
2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
½ pound M&Ms
½ pound dark chocolate chunks - (use your favorite dark choc – I have used many different kinds of choc – I like Lindt choc bars)

Preheat oven to 350°. In large bowl cream together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in eggs two at a time, then stir in corn syrup and vanilla. Into this mixture, blend in the oatmeal, baking soda, chocolate and nuts. (Tip: I use disposable gloves and mix with my hands.) Form mixture into large balls and place 3” apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 mins and let cool on baking sheet before removing to wire rack to cool completely.

ENJOY !!

6 Comments:

At June 26, 2006 10:08 AM, Blogger GypsySavage said...

Lee - That's why I give most of them away to friends. Love to pass the calories and cholesterol on.... Maybe get a group discount with a cardiologist later in life??

 
At June 27, 2006 1:00 AM, Blogger Susan Lucente said...

I can't wait to try this one out!!!! (As if I really *need* to eat stuff like that) ;-)

 
At June 27, 2006 7:55 AM, Blogger Gamb0 said...

Dear GS. I'm so sorry I have not answered your questions but I've been too busy eating cookies.

In answer -
1 I am an ageing Anglo Saxon who chooses to live with the ancient Celts in Wales.
2 There are no such things as evil blots. They're all in the mind.

I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience with an insect as a child. I'm sure she was as frightened of you as you with her. Please don't pass your fears on to that wonderful grandson of yours.

Blot #3 = Autumn leaves.

Don't know why I'm drawn to your blog. You seem so conventional but I feel your earthy passion.

PS - the mother of my youngest child is Canadian and convinced your recipe hails from Nova Scotia. It's exactly the same minus the M&M's! Hum - Very Fattening!
SO, to keep a beautiful body share your food with the hungry.

 
At June 27, 2006 9:20 AM, Blogger GypsySavage said...

Gambo - love to read your comments and find it interesting you are drawn to me. Yes, most people would probably consider me conventional... However, I have a "streak" in me which has never been properly nurtured in my "conventional" lifestyle I suppose. Some of my friends can see it, but not all. I think that's why my husband's pet name for me was GypsySavage. It is very perceptive of you to see what's hidden beneath, even through a blog.

I respect nature and do not fear it. However, whenever I see a yellow jacket I swear the top of my head starts to tingle...

I do give out my Monster Cookies and keep a couple dozen in the freezer for us. I can't imagine eating six dozen of those things...

 
At June 27, 2006 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually the cookies are full of oats that supposedly help in the fight against cholesterol. So they cancel out all the sugar and such. They make you live longer because you are happier.

 
At June 27, 2006 5:31 PM, Blogger GypsySavage said...

isogrumpy - Yeahhhhh, that's right. Thanks for enlightening me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home