Wednesday, July 05, 2006

THE JOY IN MY LIFE...#2

We spent Monday at my daughter's house. This is our first summer with our grandson, who is finally at an age of awareness where everything is a discovery for him. What fun to watch him learn !!

He met his first watermelon and was all at once frustrated because he could not pick it up, then curious as to what this big round green ball was. Once he had a taste of the big green ball with its juicy red center, he had a friend for life.

What wonder in being around a new little life. It's like discovering things all over again. Tis a good thing we have a new digital camera that will hold hundreds of pics. One of the reasons we got a new digital was the faster shutter speed. With the old one there was too much of a wait between pics and many good moments would be missed. This "watermelon" collage was done "click, click, click" and I got this wonderful series I would have otherwise missed.

4 Comments:

At July 05, 2006 6:27 PM, Blogger J Cosmo Newbery said...

Man o man, look at the size of that gooseberry! (Whispering in ear...) What? It's not a gooseberry?

 
At July 06, 2006 12:16 AM, Blogger GypsySavage said...

It does look a bit like a giant gooseberry now that I think about it...

 
At July 07, 2006 1:11 AM, Blogger Susan Lucente said...

Adorable, what a cute little man you have there. :-)

Word of caution, holding hundreds of pics in the digital is a great thing to be able to do, but beware the possibility of having the card mysteriously erase. Peter said it happened to him a short time ago and I'd never heard of that happening. Then a week later, it happened to mine, twice. I took the baby to the park, snapped off 20 or 30 pics, saw them on the review, came straight home, put the card in the computer and *poof* "this folder is empty". I have no idea how it happened. I don't recall being around any magnetic surfaces that could've wiped it clean, they just disappeared. :-( Now I am sure to upload the pics to my card immediately everytime I take any pictures at all.

 
At July 07, 2006 3:47 AM, Blogger GypsySavage said...

Thanks for the warning. We usually do move the pics to our computers soon after taking them. Honestly, I prefer not to keep them on the camera as Kim insists on taking them at 10mp and they load soooo slow. Makes it great for cropping though, which I like to do. I can crop way down and still have a pretty good image.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home